Sunday 2 June 2013

Beauty Tip #3: Natural rememdies to lighten dark lips

Hi Everyone!

It feels like I haven't blogged in ages...even though it's been only a day or two...I think? Any ways!! well today's blog post was actually inspired by something my sister said...she was asking me to do some research for her on natural ways to help her stop her lips pigmenting so much...you see she has quite dark lips naturally and she tans real quick! But, recently her lips have been pigmenting quite a bit. So she asked me to help research some remedies that will help lighten or possibly prevent her lips pigmenting further...so I got a lightbulb moment...and thought why not make this my next topic for my blog post?


I do not own this picture in any way whatsoever, courtesy of Google Images


Numero uno...so from the previous knowledge that I have...I know that lemon juice is one natural product that helps in eliminating and lightening dark spots/scars etc...I have tried it myself and I have seen many results from this natural ingredient! I have have had many...and I mean many bad experiences with acne on and off during my late teenage and adolescent years...from which I have quite a few dark spots on my face...I would definitely say that my home-made facial scrub (wait for my next blog post!!! :P) and lemon juice have literally helped my face in so many ways! So back to the topic at hand...I have been researching, and I have found many sites where they mention to apply lemon juice to the lips, just get like a couple of squeezes from an actual fresh lemon (not from a bottle!) and dab it all over your lips before you go to sleep...keep doing this overnight and wait to see if there is any difference! (I will try this remedy myself and recommend this to my sister too!).


I do not own this image, courtesy of Google Images


Number two: once again I shall be mentioning a product that I have spoken about before...Honey! Honey is an amazing natural ingredient with many beneficial factors...I have personally tried this one myself, mainly to keep my lips supple and soft, as I have mentioned before I suffer from dry skin...yes even on my lips...so I made a sugar scrub...I used about 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of lemon; mix the ingredients together, if the paste is not thick and gooey...which it needs to be...add more sugar, until it looks thick enough to not drip everywhere. This mixture is quite messy so be ready for this..(the things we have to do eh?). So take a little of the mixture and scrub your lips using this, in light circular motions, be gentle...don't put too much pressure...and then wash off. I have felt the difference in my lips after using this little trick...I hope you do! This method is believed to not only exfoliate and remove the dry dead skin from your lips...but the lemon and honey in the mixture is believed to lighten dark lips and to leave it looking rosy! I hope this does work for you guys out there! Another method that you can try is to directly apply some honey over your lips and leave overnight, as if you are using a balm on you lips, let it dry and let your lips absorb the ingredient...keep trying these methods it should work wonders!

I have already hinted what my next post will be about! So please keep reading, liking, following my blog and stay tuned!! Till next time!

Ciao!

Y x.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the perfect blog about the lightening dark lips. Know more about ways to lighten dark lips here.


    ReplyDelete