Friday 31 May 2013

How-to: Natural eye make-up look.

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all are having a better summer than I am...the weather is rubbish here in London! Today I will be doing a step-by-step on one of my natural looking makeup looks! I will be focusing on the eye area mainly! I hope you follow and you will get the hang of it in no time! :)

Remember the first rule of thumb is to prep and prime your entire face! Wash your face properly and then moisturise it! I use Elizabeth Arden Daily Moisture SPF 15, on my face as it is really dry and this cream really keeps my face moist without the extra shine!

1. Prep and prime your eyes, I have used the two products below to get my eyes ready for the eyeshadow. First I have used urban decay's primer potion all over my lids, and then I used MAC paintpot, in Soft Ochre all over the lids. Using a primer is very essential in keeping those pigments on your lid, for minimising lines/cakey-ness of your shadow and for longevity.

(Prep and Prime eyes) Urban Decay Primer Potion & MAC Soft Ochre

2. Below I will be showing you the step-by-step of the colours I have used, and which order I have used them. The palette that I have used for this look, is by Sleek Makeup, in 'Oh-so special'.

Sleek Make-up palette in Oh-So-Special (each colour has its own unique name in this
palette; 1: The Mail; 2: Boxed; 3: Wapped Up; 4: Celebrate; 5: Noir) 

3. Now I will be talking about the the step-by-step of how to apply the actual colours, and I have attached pictures of each step in a collage below, with the final look too. Enjoy! :)

4. The first frame from the collage below is after I have applied my primer and base.

5. Next, you need to apply the lightest shade of whatever colours you are using; here I have chosen a very natural colour, called 'The mail' from my palette, which does not look too far off from the primer and base colour in frame 1.

6. Next, I have used colour 2 and 3 on the crease of my lids and blend inwards using your brush, about two-thirds of your lids. (sorry if the colours are not showing properly! I really don't know what's wrong with the lighting and camera!).

7. Now apply number 4 and 5 on the outer crease of your eye and blend slightly inwards, not as much as the previous step. lastly, apply your eye liner and mascara! All done!




Hope this was helpful...till next time!!

Ciao!

Y x.



2 comments:

  1. Love it! It's like a free magazine your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! @Saima Thankss! Do pass on to others if their interested!!

      Delete