Wednesday 29 May 2013

Beauty Tip #2: Beauty Blender vs. Foundation Brush

Hi Everyone!

I do hope the last tip that I have posted about was useful to someone or another! I will be trying to keep this Blog updated and up and running as much as I can! I have literally just finished uni...so as some of you can imagine I have quite a bit of time on my hands.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...today I will be talking about a recent discovery of mine...I know some of you may have discovered this a loonngg time ago, as it has been on the market for a very long time. But I thought why not write a little post about this very useful makeup tool? Honestly at first when I saw the product, known as the Beauty Blender...I thought it was probably overrated...but I recently purchased the item and I have to say it was really really useful!

I was watching a video by a very popular artist, GossMakeupArtist (an excellent MUA! personally I think his one of the best Youtube vloggers around!) and he mentioned this tool and how it is one of the must have tools when doing your foundation. So I bought it recently...and since I have just started up my new Blog I thought why not do a comparison?

The two tools I used...the beauty blender (pink one...sorry I just used it so
looks a little dirty) and on the right is my foundation brush


Below are the result...as you can see, on the left, I used the beauty blender to apply a swatch of foundation, which I have used the same amounts of, to keep this as a fair experiment...and you can see that the blend of is very very different!! The beauty blender works wonders!! It truly does leave the skin looking very airbrushed and light...almost feels as though I am not wearing any foundation. While, on the other hand (not so literally)...you can see that using the brush has left quite a few streaks on my skin, even whilst blending...and I can honestly tell you that I swiped the brush on my hand a good five times.

Using the beauty blender does feel quite effortless in comparison to a brush! This make-up tool can be found in most make-up stores...I bought mine from Amazon for £5 (or so)...as the prices for this thing are quite bumped up! Hope this little tip helped!! Please like...comment (suggestions and please be nice!!)...follow +1 it or something!! and lastly...I hope this informative!!

Ciao!

Yasmin x.  


Left Beauty Blender and Right using a normal foundation brush

No comments:

Post a Comment